Sunday, February 10, 2008

"My Many Colored Days"

Suess, Dr. My Many Colored Days. Illus. Steve Johnson & Lou Fancher. New York, NY: Random House Inc., 1996.

This book was good. It was about a kids different days and different colors he feels on those days. I liked how he compared himself to different animals. He a slow brown bear, and a yellow busy bee. I think the combination of the animals with the colored days helps children understand the emotion better. I love the paintings in this book. My two favorite one were the loud, mad black days, and the pink happy days. I like that it teaches kids that it is ok to feel different ways. It is ok to be mad or sad. At the end of the book it has a mixed up day where the kid does not know how he is feeling, and that is ok too. Even though the child feels all these emotions at the end of the book he goes back to feeling like himself.

No comments: