Saturday, February 9, 2008

Chidren's Literature, Breifly ch.10

Tunnell, Michael O. and James S. Jacobs. Children's Literature, Briefly. 4e. Upper Sadle River NJ: Pearson/Merrill Prentice Hall, 2008.

I liked this chapter, it was short. Just kidding. Well sort of just kidding. I never thought of fantasy or science fiction as being hard to write. The book talked about how the authors had to come up with a new set of laws and conform to them. It brought to mind the sci-fi conventions that take place. It reminded me of "Trekkies"(is that how you spell it?). I have heard that people learn a new language based on the shows or books. It's crazy. How long would it take for a person to think up these things. The creativity involved is amazing. I liked how the book pointed out that even though a book is fantasy, to be good it has to have real truths about human nature and life in general.

No comments: