Saturday, February 9, 2008

Minn and Jake

Wong, Janet S. Minn and Jake. Illus. Genevieve Cote. New York, NY: Frances Foster Books, 2003.

I really liked this book. I thought Janet Wong did an excellent job of capturing the elementary feeling. The characters dealt with problems that all elementary kids deal with. Minn felt akward and self-conscious about her height. I think all girls off this age feel that there is somthing about there bodies that is akward or they would like to change. Also Minn was wanting to find a freind and learning what it is to be a friend. Friendship at this age is really important and children crave for a sense of belonging. I also liked the little things that the the different characters did that took me back to how I felt at this age. I liked when Minn talked about a certain girl that began with the letter S and ended in the letter a. I said things like that when I was in elementary school.

No comments: