Friday, March 21, 2008

T&J chapter 14

Tunnell, Michael O. and James S. Jacobs. Children's Literature, Briefly. 4e. Upper Saddle River NJ: Pearson/Merrill Prentice Hall, 2008.


I found this chapter to be interesting. When I was a child the only reason I read informational books was to do a book report. Number two in the reasons why children do not "flock" to informational books accurately describes my elementary experiences with these types of books. After reading this chapter I want to have some informational books in my classroom library. I never considered that reading these types of books could be fun. I think I will go to the library this weekend I try to check out Color Zoo. This book seems like it will be a good book for the pre-k level. I think my sons will like it too. I also liked the excerpt form the book Alaska Bear Tales. I found it interesting because Nanook is the password for my computer. I think my husband got it from a Frank Zappa song. Now I know a little more about the password.

1 comment:

Denisse said...

I don't really know what to think about informational books...other than they're informational!!! (I'm just kidding). I do however, find them resourceful when completing a school project or when searching for a fact.