Sunday, March 30, 2008

Craft lesson # 8

This craft lesson will be for second grade students. The entire lesson will span over a week. On Monday I will read Babymouse: Our Hero to the class. I will tell them that tomorrow we will create our own superheroes. On Tuesday I will ask them to create their own superhero, draw it, and give it a name. On Wednesday I will ask them to draw another picture of their super hero, and right a sentence describing its powers. On Thursday my students will draw a picture of the heroes nemesis and give it a name. On Friday they will draw another picture and write a sentence explaining the nemesis's powers. Depending on the classes responses to the assignment I might ask them to write a comic story based on their superheroes. The reason I would take my time with this lesson is because I want the kids to have time to go home and possibly think about their super hero before they create it.

1 comment:

René Saldaña, Jr. said...

Christian: aside from the few apostrophe issues, you've got another one of these lessons that's amazing! You see both the big picture and the details of the big picture and can work them together.