Sunday, March 16, 2008

craft lesson #6

For this lesson I will assist the students in writing a story. This lesson is for pre-k students.

First we will read the book Sidewalk Circus. Then I will have photocopied pages from the book. I will break the students up into small groups of about 4 students. Throughout the week I will show the different groups the photocopied pages from the book. I will record there words as they tell me what the story should be for the individual pages. We will focus on the little girls facial expressions as we write the story. I will ask them what they think that she might be saying. We will review what we have previously written before adding something new. At the end of the week we will read our books together.

1 comment:

René Saldaña, Jr. said...

I like how groups have to discuss and come to a consensus about what is going on in the individual pages, and that at the end of the week they have to have put together a story that flows logically is cool, too.