Thursday, April 17, 2008

craft lesson 9

For this lesson we will be creating our own "zoom" books. First, I will read Zoom to the children. Then, I would like to bring in a microscope and either have a skin cell slide already prepared or collect a skin cell and prepare it for the children to look at. I will also have pictures of a skin cell for every student to look at. I will hand out booklets of five blank pages. This lesson will span over a weeks time. On the first day I will ask them to draw a picture of a skin cell. For the next four days I will ask them to draw another picture zooming out from their previous picture.

1 comment:

René Saldaña, Jr. said...

What an awesome idea for a lesson! One you can adapt for a creative writing/art class whereby instead of drawing what you actually see on the four following days, kids can zoom out in their heads and draw the next four steps away from the original. Awesome!