Thursday, April 17, 2008

chapter 17

Tunnell, Michael O. and James S. Jacobs. Children's Literature, Briefly. 4e. Upper Saddle River NJ: Pearson/Merrill Prentice Hall, 2008.


I had all the criteria for a motivated reader except for one. In this chapter it was listed as number four. "Motivated readers do not feel trapped by a book." It says that motivated readers can put the book down without guilt, or when their need are not being met. For some reason I can not put a book down. If I get past the first few pages then I have to read the entire book. I do the dame thing with movies. No matter how bad the movie is I have to keep watching it. It is not that I feel obligated to, but it is something I have to do. I am currently reading a book I do not like. I want it to be over so I can start reading something I enjoy. But, for some strange reason that is not clear to me I have to read it. I skip words, sentences and sometimes even paragraphs, but I never just skip directly to the end. I probably have some weird obsessive, compulsive, neurological disorder that requires me to finish watching or reading crappy books and movies.

No comments: